Your lawyer in Amsterdam! For inheritance law, damage and liability, fraud, family law, investment fraud, employment law and banking law.

Claiming the transition payment after termination of employment

Have you been fired or will your contract no longer be extended? In that case, you are in principle entitled to a transition payment (also referred to as severance payment). A transition payment is a financial compensation that the employer must pay if he no longer extends your contract or fires you. If you resign yourself, you are in principle not entitled to a transition payment, unless there is a serious culpable act/omission on the [...]

2022-04-20T15:13:20+02:0020 March 2022|Claiming Salary, Dismissal|

Can you file for the bankruptcy of a “Limited” in the Netherlands?

Dutch entrepreneurs can set up a foreign legal entity such as the English "Limited" (Ltd.) with which they are only active in the Netherlands. Sometimes it concerns entrepreneurs with a history of fraud or bankruptcy, who - not for the first time - do not fulfill their obligations. What if you have money from such a limited and the company does not pay? Can you go to the Dutch court to file for bankruptcy or do you have to conduct expensive proceedings abroad?

Dutch Employment Law

Given the strict legal protection of employees in the Netherlands, many employers prefer to work with freelancers as they cannot claim status as employees. On the other hand, whether someone is or is not an employee is determined by law; the client and the freelancer do not always have the right to define the legal status of their relationship. Legal advice is essential to avoid problems relating to tax and social premiums. Employment law varies [...]

2022-05-20T12:46:46+02:006 March 2016|Claiming Salary, Dismissal|
Go to Top